Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Using life scripts, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Most of our behavior is actually controlled by our subconscious without us realizing. So, for example, I walk into a post office and there's a queue, I immediately become impatient without deliberately choosing to do that, I just do. Maybe going to a party, do I hang around in the kitchen and be shy or do I go and talk to people? It's not a conscious choice and these behaviors, in fact, all of our behaviors are controlled by what are called life scripts which are a collection of scripts that we have stored in our subconscious.
These are beliefs about ourselves that control our behavior and what happens that if you've got a script which says I'm impatient or I'm shy, then that's how you behave in that situation. So, this script leads to the behavior and the behavior leads to an event which is me stamping my feet in the queue or hiding in the kitchen at a party and that even then gets filed away in my memory and it strengthens that script or that belief that I have about myself, so as we go through life these scripts become stronger and stronger and you can have good scripts and bad ones.
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.