Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding responsibility, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Part of assertiveness is taking responsibility.…Taking responsibility for how you handle situations,…and for your own actions.…It's not acceptable to say, well I had to hit him,…he made me angry.…You are responsible for getting angry,…and you are responsible for hitting the other person.…And in fact if you think about it,…taking responsibility is actually the root…of all negative emotions.…So something like say, jealousy, is really because…you're not taking responsibility for the fact…that you haven't done what that other person is doing.…
So any negative emotion can be eliminated…by taking responsibility, and it's absolutely key…to take responsibility for your life,…for your relationships, for everything that happens to you.…We teach other people how to treat us.…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.