In this video, learn why a culture is at the heart of a business, how to identify organizational culture, and how to work effectively within a cultural blueprint.
- Have you ever joined a company, a school, or a club…and it just seems to fit.…It just feels right for you.…Or, have you experienced the opposite?…Where a new environment really doesn't feel like…a good fit for you, even if you can't exactly…put your finger on why.…The chances are, it's the culture of the new environment…you're reacting to.…Every organization has a very unique culture.…An organizational culture is made up of factors…such as shared assumptions, beliefs, values, processes,…and codes of conduct.…
A culture will determine behavior.…And performance that's celebrated and rewarded,…as well as ways of working, that are frowned upon.…A culture will influence how people dress, act,…and perform within their roles.…It can shape your experience of the organization.…Understanding a culture, gives you a feel for…how we do things around here within the company.…To create a successful career,…a career that you're happy with,…that keeps you motivated and engaged,…you need to find a good fit with the organizational culture.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Transitioning from the campus to the office
- Differences in the working world
- Developing a transition success mindset
- Adapting to a new environment
- Avoiding cultural mistakes
- The first 90 days
- Building a strategy