Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Troubleshooting the plan, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Step Five.…This is where we consider crashing or overlapping the tasks…on the critical path.…The reason for this is that when you add up your tasks…on the critical path,…you may find that the whole project's going to take too long.…So, what can you do?…And the answer is, if you look at the tasks…on the critical path, particularly the larger ones,…you might be able to reduce the time taken.…Now you have to pay a price for this.…You have to either reduce the quality of those tasks…or you have to spend more money on doing them.…
Basically, throwing more people at them.…But that might be essential if time is your key driver.…The other option, apart from putting the money up…or the quality down, is to overlap tasks.…Which may not always be possible and may involve…increasing the risk, but it is another option you've got.…So you've got money up, quality down, or overlapping.…These are the ways that you can speed up your critical path…and therefore, speed up your whole project.…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.