- Explain the importance of purpose and vision.
- Define purpose.
- Identify elements that prevent a transformational leader from driving innovation.
- Recognize the purpose of encouraging curiosity.
- Recall the characteristics of intrinsic motivation.
- Distinguish among the behavioral symptoms employees have towards change in the work environment.
- Name the person to start with when you decide to become a transformational leader.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Do you fully feel energized by your work every day? Likely not. Many of us don't. Our world is changing rapidly. Digital transformation, artificial intelligence, globalization, virtual teams, restructuring in organizations: these are all trends that create exponential change, ambiguity, volatility, and stress. They leave us disengaged because the way we lad has not caught up to the world we lead in today.
In this new world, we need every single person to be a leader who can have impact. We need transformational leaders like you so each of us can engage powerfully to solve the problems that matter to us. My guess is that if you're curious about this course, you already want to make a difference. You don't need a fancy title. What you do need is a desire to make a difference. And that, my friends, is an excellent place to start.
Transformational leaders are driven by the difference they want to make. That inspiration drives them to learn to be the best leaders they can be, all in service of something bigger than themselves that they care about. My personal mission is to connect deeply and inspire transformational leaders who make the world better for all. This is the reason I left my career as a senior executive to do the work I'm doing now. As CEO of Transformational Leadership Inc., I work with Fortune 500 leaders globally to help them discover the missions that matter to them and grow their own leadership impact.
I want all of us to work each day energized by the impact we can have and inspired by who we can become. Will you join me to discover what inspires you and move forward the missions that really matter to you? I hope you'll say yes, because our world needs you to be a transformational leader.