Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Trading, part of Management: Top Tips.
- Now, once you've both opened, so you've put…a number on the table, they've put a number on the table,…the process of coming together…to get an answer is trading, bargaining or trading,…and the important thing to know about…the bargaining phase is that you…must never concede unilaterally.…You must never just say, "Well,…"how about if I offered you a bit more?"…So, you're making a movement towards them…but it's unilateral, you're not getting…anything back for it, and, if you do that,…it's weak and it opens you up to the vice…'cause they're going to say, "Well, that's not enough."…So, what you must do in order to get…from your opening offer to the finished agreement is trade.…
You must say, "Well, if you…"gave me this, then I could move."…So, if you're buying, you could say,…"If you put in some extra features,…"then I would pay a bit more."…and if you're selling, you could similarly trade.…You could say, "Well, if you made it easier for me…"in some way, or if you bought three instead of one,…"then I could come down in price a little bit."…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.