Are you ready to present in the boardroom? This toolkit coaches you to use the SCQA formula, gets you to think of tough questions, and lists several challenging situations you want to prepare for when you present in front of executives.
- In this toolkit you'll find activities designed…to help you get your C-Suite presentations…off to a great start and prepare for whatever…comes your way during these high stakes meetings.…The first thing is to create an SCQA introduction…for your next persuasive attempt.…What is the current situation?…What's the complication?…What is the key question you'll be answering…in your presentation?…And what is that answer or your recommendation?…Plan for tough questions.…
Meet with a colleague.…Review your main points.…And ask for three tough questions…that the intended audience might ask.…Repeat this three times with additional colleagues.…Prepare for your questions that have come up…by creating a slide for each answer.…Either hyperlink to the corresponding slide…with the information, or create a supporting handout…to share with your audience when the question comes up.…Plan for curve balls.…
Before you deliver your next presentation to executives…imagine the scenario and prepare for them.…You're in the elevator with a key decision maker…
- Recall the four pillars of a business scenario.
- Explore the term 'people' in the context of a communication scenario.
- Recall how the Think, Feel, Do model applies to a communication scenario.
- Identify the parts of the message in a communication scenario.
- Recognize the 'channel' in a communication scenario.
- Apply the importance of context in a communication event.
- Review the most important components of listening.