TED speakers know that stories make you more credible—as does speaking slowly. Create a story bank of anecdotes you can tell, and practice saying them so you can feel confident and unhurried.
- The TED Conference, technology,…entertainment, and design,…has become a worldwide phenomenon.…These days, almost everyone has seen videos…of popular TED Talks, but why did it become such a big deal…and what can you learn from it?…Here are three key lessons to keep in mind…so that you can think like a TED speaker…to become more influential.…First, find the personal connection.…Lots of people can go up on stage and recite facts…and some can do it pretty compellingly,…but what sets the most popular TED Talks apart…is the speaker's personal connection…to what they're talking about.…
There's a reason they picked this topic,…or got into this line of work,…and it gives everything they say a depth…and emotional resonance.…You might say that's great if you're curing cancer…but my job doesn't work like that.…But if you look deep enough,…you can probably find a personal connection is meaningful,…whether it relates to you or someone who uses…your company's products or services.…Maybe you're creating a vastly improved new cleaning product…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Getting someone to like you right away
- How to be viewed as immediately credible
- Overcoming a bad first impression
- Persuading the people you already know
- Sharing your ideas and getting noticed
- Communicating with authority
- Overcoming naysayers