A lot of businesses use case studies. They're helpful in the sales process, but sometimes they miss the mark on engaging a team. Learn how to tell a customer impact story that inspires future action, not just preaches results.
- To spark innovation, motivation and commitment,…people need something to care about…and that's where customer impact stories come in.…Now, these stories are going to sustain your team…through tough times, through brainstorming…and the natural ebbs and flows of business.…Customer impact stories are different from case studies.…See, case studies are usually purely factual…and they have hard numbers and the proof of the ROI.…
They're typically written on a large scale,…they talk about the company as a whole,…not individual people…and they're usually product or solution specific.…Case studies are great and they can be very helpful…in a sales pitch or for someone who's learning…about all the different solutions you offer…but if you want to build a culture of service,…you need to add in customer impact stories.…A customer impact story is more specific…and it's more emotional.…They focus more on impact and less on product.…
Customer impact stories validate…the purpose of your business.…Let me share an example from one of our clients…
- What is a culture of service?
- Cultivating an emotional connection to your customers
- Generating engagement by sharing your backstory
- Framing financials and objectives
- Unpacking your metrics
- How to use a culture of service in hiring and firing
- Reinforcing a culture of service in daily operations