Job descriptions mean little in a rapidly changing world. Learn what should replace these descriptions and how to do it.
- What if I told you you had to come up with…the most inefficient hiring process you…could possibly think of?…Well we already have it.…It's called job descriptions in resumes.…And we couldn't all have come up with…a more inefficient process if we designed it that way.…The entire mentality behind a job…description is completely flawed.…Most hirers are actually trying…to describe the steps of a particular job,…the process a worker needs to follow,…rather than the results that the hirer wants.…Many hirers make defining a job even worse…by simply taking a job description…that was used before, editing a couple…of words, and tossing it into the job listings…vortex of the internet.…
No wonder you get applications…from people who don't match what you're looking for.…The process doesn't help you to find your needs…accurately in the first place.…Imagine the next time you sat down at a restaurant.…You told the chef every single ingredient…that she should use in the meal she's cooking for you,…and exactly how to prepare it.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Dealing with disruptive change and the new rules of work
- Establishing a new contract with workers
- Rethinking job qualifications
- Hiring for diversity and inclusion
- Identifying key skills for adaptive workers
- Helping your team become lifelong learners
- Leveraging automation for your team
- Becoming an adaptive manager
- Making human resources a partner
- Recognizing when your adaptive strategy is working