Regular reinforcement of culture and values is contagious. These behaviors strengthen the culture you've worked so hard to build. As a leader in the organization, your demonstration of these behaviors will go a long way toward showing people you're committed to the culture. It will create stories that are told throughout the organization. Your small gestures will have a ripple effect across the organization.
- If culture is the sum of our daily actions…sometimes a small action can create a big result.…The regular reinforcement of your culture…and values is contagious.…These small behaviors strengthen the culture you've worked…so hard to build.…Your demonstration of these behaviors shows people…you're committed to the culture.…It'll create stories that are told across the organization.…Your small gestures will have a ripple effect.…
In one example, I was sitting at a conference dinner…and the guy next to me worked for PetSmart…but his badge didn't say what his role was.…I asked him, so what do you do at PetSmart?…He laughed. He said that's a great question.…Nobody's ever asked me that.…I guess I'd say I'm responsible for us living…our culture every day.…We had a great conversation about culture…over the rest of dinner.…After dinner I learned he was the…chief operating officer at PetSmart.…He understood that daily operations are a reflection of…the organization's culture.…
He made sure his team and he lived up to it.…
- Identify the components of high-performing cultures.
- Assess and evaluate your current culture.
- Define high performance.
- Create a compelling vision and mission.
- Compare and contrast communication vehicles.
- Explain what culture is and list ways to reinforce it.
- Identify tools for measuring and balancing results.