This video explains how to put the course into action, develop your future action plans, and keep in touch with Chris via Linkedin and the monthly email tips.
- So that's the end of my difficult people course.…I do hope you've enjoyed it and found it useful.…We've looked at changing what you do in order to reduce…the effects of difficult people.…And we've looked at trying to change what other people do.…We've looked at aggressive people, games players, control…dramas and bosses.…As well as people with bad habits and people who are just…different to you.…I've made a summary of all of my favorite tips…from the course and you can download it from the exercise…files.…
And remember you can come back to this course whenever…you have a real live difficult person to study.…And you want to get a bit of help with working out the best…way to deal with them.…Please do have a look at my other courses.…If you haven't seen it, then my assertiveness course…would help a lot in the area of difficult people.…But my courses like negotiating and surviving change…will also help.…And please do keep in touch with me via Linkedin.…I'd love to hear how you get on, which of my suggestions…worked, and do you have any situations that you need…
In this course, Chris Croft shares methods for recognizing the characteristics of some of the most common types of difficult people, and gives you strategies for dealing with these individuals more effectively. Chris provides practical techniques for dealing with a variety of different behaviors, including negativity, aggression, childishness, and selfishness. Plus, he explains how to overcome your own negative thinking, and get the best from a difficult boss.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identifying and understanding difficult people
- Handling aggressive and passive-aggressive people
- Working with negative people
- Working with procrastinators and people with bad habits
- Conquering your own negative thinking
- When the difficult person is your boss
- Dealing with micromanagers