Have employees share one aspect of the change initiative that captured them.
- Let's fast forward and see what success looks like…for Tatiana's team, three months later.…- So I've got to admit, I was exhausted by the thought…of this change on top of everything else going on.…But Tatiana, she saw where I was coming from,…and she spent as much time as I needed,…getting me up to speed.…And in the end, I feel like we worked it out,…and I finally feel like…I've got it all figured out, for now.…
- Tatiana talked to me and it was really good timing,…because I had heard rumblings about the new system,…which I couldn't quite understand at first.…Having a chance to give feedback was a game changer for me.…And I really think that we're all better off…with the way that it turned out.…- My biggest stress was my take home pay to be honest.…To keep my bonus, I had to be collaborative…and work with others who I've never spoken to.…I was probably the worst skeptic on this,…but having this new system,…I feel like we have a better functioning team.…
I wouldn't have guessed this three months ago,…but I think things are working out well now.…
Tatiana and Brenda begin by reviewing success stories and survey data that emphasize why communication in times of change is so crucial. Next, they explain how to strategize communication efforts, craft the change communication message, and answer common questions that people may have when grappling with change. To wrap up, they discuss how to manage difficult questions, emphasize with others, and overcome resistance.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why communication in times of change matters
- Strategizing your communication efforts
- Crafting the change communication message
- Five questions people have in times of change
- Managing difficult questions
- Empathizing with others
- Overcoming resistance