Learn why it's common to lose control when you're angry, and how awareness can put you back in control. Discover how anger escalates to counterattack it by raising your awareness levels.
- As much as you might try to manage anger,…sometimes you might just lose control.…And losing control feels so good in the moment,…especially if the other person deserves it.…But a habit of losing control can ruin your reputation,…your relationships, or even your career.…So let's explore why we lose control, how anger escalates,…and how awareness keeps you in control.…So why do we sometimes lose control?…To understand this, it's helpful to…think of the acronym SEA, s-e-a.…
Stress, escalation, and awareness level.…So let's talk about stress.…We experience stress on many levels.…Physical, mental, and emotional.…You wake up late, didn't have time for breakfast,…your car won't start, your mind swirls with images of…the boss catching you coming in late.…A proposal you worked on for months didn't go through,…you're an explosion waiting to happen.…And when stress builds, anger escalates.…Sometimes, anger escalates slowly,…and at other times, anger escalates at rapid speed due to…a big disappointment or an unfortunate surprise,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify the most common myths about anger.
- Explore the differences between suppressing anger and using calming techniques to gain control.
- Recall what happens when you get triggered and use a formula to understand your triggers.
- Recognize unwanted behaviors and explore how to replace with desired behaviors.
- Identify three components of responsible language as a tool for managing anger.
- Explore a three step process to build the space needed to respond to anger appropriately instead of reacting.