Learn to recognize the advantages of starting a retirement savings program early in life.
- Let me tell you about the investment program…my wife Ramona and I have established…for our 11 grandchildren.…When each grandchild is born,…we set up a savings account for her or him.…We start with $3,000,…and then we add $100 each month.…Now you may be asking,…"Well, what about your children?…"Do you have an investment program set up for them?"…Yes, but that brings up kind of an uncomfortable issue.…You see, with all of the grandchildren,…we start this when they're born.…And with our two youngest daughters,…we also started when they were born.…
But we have five older children.…Ramona and I didn't start this investment program…with our children until our oldest child was 15 years old.…And the starting age,…makes a substantial difference in how much accumulates…in the savings fund.…Let's say that we do this until the children are age 25,…and the average investment return is 10%.…If you wait and start at age 15,…the amount saved by age 25 is about $29,000.…If you start at birth,…the amount at age 25 is $169,000.…That's an extra $140,000.…
In this course, join accounting professors Jim and Kay Stice as they help you discover how to leverage the power of numbers to approach businesses problems and make everyday decisions. They explore the power of ratios and percentages, how to monitor and evaluate your budget, how to forecast the timing and amount of a business loan, and much more.
- The power of ratios and percentages
- Growth rates, rule of 72, and extrapolation
- Financial ratios to determine unpaid inventory
- How to convert to percentages
- Variance and the concept of risk
- Numerical planning and everyday decisions
- Creating, monitoring, and evaluating your budget
- Forecasting the timing and amount of a business loan
- The power of compound interest
- Loan payments and interest rates
Skill Level Beginner
Running a Profitable Business: Understanding Financial Ratioswith Jim Stice2h 13m Appropriate for all
Accounting Foundations: Bookkeepingwith Jim Stice1h 27m Beginner
1. The Power of Ratios and Percentages
2. Applied Probability and Statistics
3. Numerical Planning and Measurement
4. Interest: Paying and Earning
5. The Art of Numerical Estimation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.