In this video, learn how to plan for success and gain an insight into the goal-setting tools you can use to get your career success plan started.
- With the best will in the world, without a plan,…you're going nowhere.…If you don't plan your next career move,…whether that be to develop in your role, change roles,…or work in a different organization,…it's really difficult to keep moving…in a direction you want to go.…Now, I can tell you,…with years of experience coaching clients,…career development and, more importantly,…career success, don't just happen.…You have to create and execute your plan.…
A career transition plan is a short document.…It's changeable and it should be updated frequently…to reflect changes in your goals or your situation.…Plans can and should change.…The more fluid and reflective of your current situation…your plan is, the more likely you are…to use the format as a guide.…So, have you ever set a goal,…perhaps something like a new year's resolution,…and then not thought about it for a while?…Before long, the goal feels out of date,…you've lost interest,…and the process has become a complete waste of time.…
The best approach is to keep your plan fresh…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Transitioning from the campus to the office
- Differences in the working world
- Developing a transition success mindset
- Adapting to a new environment
- Avoiding cultural mistakes
- The first 90 days
- Building a strategy