Join Gemma to find out how to shift your perspective to build collaborative relationships, deal with challenges effectively and enhance understanding of your business.
- Imagine this, you're watching a man…running down the street and all of a sudden…he pushes a shocked passerby out of the way.…The running man looks suspicious in his appearance…and he's hold a bag tight to his body.…You've pieced together the scene.…The suspicious looking runner, the passerby pushed over,…the bag stolen from the unsuspecting passerby,…and you're wondering what to do,…except maybe you haven't seen everything about the scene.…
What if, from a different angle,…it becomes clear that the man running towards…the stranger was actually pushing him out of the way…of an oncoming vehicle?…Do you often see things from other points of view?…It can be hard to shift your perspective…when you feel passionately about something,…but this gives you an advantage because it broadens…your horizons and you may learn something new.…It also allows you to preempt how someone else…may view a situation, and in turn,…it will help you to understand how best to deal…with that scenario, which is the basis for building…successful and collaborative relationships.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Watching for triggers and hijacks
- Finding flow
- Disrupting thinking
- Reclaiming reaction time
- Shifting perspective
- Listening and communicating
- Playing to strengths
- Collecting feedback
- Aligning intention and impact