Join Mike Figliuolo for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing your leadership philosophy, part of Developing Your Leadership Philosophy.
- Once you've put in all this time, energy, and effort…into creating your personal leadership philosophy,…you need to take it the next step and share it.…Share it with the members of your team,…share it with your colleagues, share it with your boss,…share it with other people who are important in your life.…And there are some very specific things you need to do…as you share your leadership maxims.…First, let people know what you're doing and why.…Explain the process you went through.…
The way that can sound is I've spent some time…thinking about who I am as a leader and who I want to be,…I've done some introspection and thought about things…that are important to me across four aspects of leadership.…Leading yourself, leading the thinking, leading your people,…and leading a balanced life.…And what I'd like to share with you are my beliefs…around my leadership style and philosophy…and I'd like to share the stories that go along…with those beliefs to give you a better understanding…of who I am and what you can expect from me as a leader.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Examine the four critical aspects of leadership.
- Explore how to find your internal motivation and why it affects leadership.
- Identify the key goals that drive a leadership vision.
- Review methods for motivating, inspiring, and developing future leaders.
- Recognize with whom you should share your leadership vision.