In any business development role, you might have some existing relationships to nurture and some open green field for your team to explore. In this video, look at how you should plan your quarter in order to achieve your goals.
- In any business development role,…you might have both existing relationships to nurture…and some unexplored opportunities for your team to pursue.…In this video, we'll look at how…the business development manager and her team…should work together to set and achieve quarterly…and annual goals.…It can be hard for a business development person…to figure out how to plan individual daily activities…that will lead to quarterly or annual results.…The range of activities for a business development person's…day varies significantly over the course of a quarter.…
The objectives are often so long-term that what to do next…isn't obvious, and it can be hard to know how to prioritize.…A good place for a business development professional…to start is by asking their manager…what the more promising opportunities might be,…or where they should be digging for new possibilities.…For example, let's say your company has a patented…technology that rapidly cools dense objects…and it's primarily being used in commercial refrigeration,…
Business development teams identify areas of opportunity: new products, new markets, new partnerships, and new distribution channels. It's critical to start with clear objectives. Are you using business development (BD) as a marketing tool, a sales channel, a source of innovation, or a corporate development hub? Management consultant Robbie Kellman Baxter shows you how the best BD professionals identify and build momentum for new initiatives. She also gives you the insight you need to launch a BD function in your organization, explains how to manage a BD team, and shares how to scale the BD function as your opportunities grow.
- Define business development.
- Explain the purpose of business development.
- Distinguish business development from other functions.
- Identify the skills and personality requirements for a business development role.
- Measure business development performance.
- List options for organizing a business development team.
- Describe how to make business development relevant at the C-level.