LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Set corporate and business unit goals.
- Define driver metrics.
- Explain the concept of supporting goals.
- Identify benefits of tying goals to strategy and incentives.
- List ways to troubleshoot and communicate goals.
- Describe how to hold others accountable and avoid pitfalls.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Do you want to achieve outstanding corporate results? Do you want a motivated and engaged team of associates who are driving those results? The key to making the connection between your strategic objectives and associate behaviors is a solid goal-setting process for your business unit or department. I'm Mike Figliuolo, managing director at thoughtLEADERS. And I've run business units, consulted with major corporations on their strategy and goal-setting processes and worked with hundreds of individuals, helping them tie their behaviors to corporate results.
In this course, I'll show you how to set quantitative and qualitative goals, as well as how to use commit and stretch goals to unlock great performance. We'll look at tying goals to strategy, financials and incentives. We'll also cover how to prevent goal-setting problems, by making reality checks, trouble-shooting your goals, and clearly communicating goals across the organization. It all comes down to tying desired results to expected behaviors.
If you're able to make that link for your teams, they'll know how to contribute in a way that helps you succeed. Let's see how you can use goal setting to produce the right behaviors for your team and achieve outstanding performance.