Your Service function is responsible for the installation, repair, replacement, parts, and maintenance of your product. It can also be responsible for servicing your own equipment. You can measure its performance on installation costs and speed, repair costs and timeliness, equipment uptime, and total maintenance and service costs.
- Once your customer has your product,…you want that product to work.…Your service team is the team that makes sure…that product stays up all the time.…Some activities in the service portion…of the value chain focus on installing,…maintaining, and repairing your products…once the customer has them.…You can measure this team's performance…using the following metrics.…Installation speed and cost assesses how long…it takes for you to get your equipment up…and running at a customer location…as well as how much it costs you…to conduct the installation.…
Both absolute numbers and trends…are important for this metric.…Repair cost and timeliness is a function…of the severity of the issue, spare parts availability,…technician skills, and scheduling.…While you want things fixed right…the first time, you also want to get…it done quickly and cheaply.…Equipment uptime measures the quality…of your equipment, but also the effectiveness…of your maintenance and service programs.…If equipment you sell to customers…is frequently out of commission,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- List the main purposes of measurement.
- Define value chain.
- Compare and contrast qualitative and quantitative measurements.
- Identify common measurement reporting tools.
- Describe how to measure R&D innovation and product development performance.
- List good measurements of strategic planning, financial planning, and legal performance.
- Explain measurement processes and best practices.