Customers have a tremendous amount of power. They realize that and will change products based on not being served in the manner and through the device or software of their choosing. Explore the remarkable transformation that Domino's Pizza has undergone in recent decades, from leader to laggard to leader again. Interestingly, the source of their rise, which has led to a stock price rise this decade that is better than that of Amazon, Google, Apple, or Facebook, has been digital technology and rethinking the art of the possible.
- Customers have never had more power.…Consider that they can go into a store,…look at a product, and find out what…price it's being sold for at a number of stores,…online or elsewhere in the city.…They can find out what customers think about the product.…They can have that product delivered…to them that same day to their home…or office if they wish.…You might say that all this power…in the palm of their hands through…their digital devices has gone to their heads.…Well that's the new reality, so what…are you going to do about it?…Let me give you an example…of one of the leading digital companies in the world.…
It's been one of the best performing stocks…in the United States this decade.…That fact alone probably has you thinking…I'm referring to Amazon, Apple, Google,…or maybe Facebook.…No, this company has outperformed each…of them since 2010.…I'm referring to Domino's Pizza.…Domino's, you may ask?…I thought you said this was a leading digital company.…Stay with me a second.…Domino's was a juggernaut of a company…
- Explain how accountability and collaboration can be synergistic.
- Recognize limitations when pursuing new ideas in an innovation lab.
- List the five stages of digital maturity.
- Identify the benefit of transparency in strategic thinking.
- Name one focus that would form a good basis for a capability team.