Learn about a test that helps you determine your positivity to negativity ratio and a technique for targeting situations that trigger negative situations.
- We all recognize the Negative Nellies in our workplace.…But are we as quick to see…when we are the Negative Nellie?…Your decision to take this course means…you're self-aware enough to realize…the importance of positivity.…That's a great step.…But now let me ask you to be really honest with yourself.…Are there times when you see the glass as half empty?…Are there days when you're more a storm cloud…than a ray of sunshine?…Before designing this course, I thought of myself…as a fairly optimistic person, but boy,…I unearthed some opportunities to grow…my affirmative bias and I'm still growing…in this sphere of positivity.…
One way to assess your positivity…is to take the 20 question test…designed by Dr. Barbara Fredrickson.…She's a leading researcher in the positive psychology field.…Take the test now and a few weeks…after using some of the techniques…you'll learn in the course.…You will likely see an immediate shift,…but if not, be patient.…We have a lifetime of developing our thinking patterns…and sometimes it's hard to break from those mental ruts.…
To gain fresh insights and celebrate your positivity wins with other learners, you can participate in the official LinkedIn group group for this course.
- Identify the behaviors associated with particular positivity practices.
- Recall the properties of an active-constructive response.
- Differentiate between a weakness-focus (performance gap) and a strength-based-focus.
- Identify the best positivity strategy for use in particular situations.
- Distinguish between a healthy practice of affirmative bias (positivity) and an unhealthy practice of ignoring threats, challenges, or conflict.