Receive a walkthrough of questions to find your gifts.
- Your strengths are made up of three things,…your gifts, your loves, and your skills.…So the first step to discovering your strengths…is to understand your gifts.…Your gifts are the things that come naturally to you.…They've always been there,…and are a part of your personality.…Sometimes these gifts show up early in life,…and sometimes they appear much later as a welcomed surprise.…Whatever your gifts are,…we want to identify and understand them.…
Making your gifts stronger…will give you the greatest amount of growth…in the shortest amount of time.…To make this process easy for you,…I've created a simple worksheet that you can use.…First, you'll answer the series of questions yourself,…and then you'll have someone else respond to the questions.…Let's cover the questions you answer about yourself.…You can ignore the Both column for now.…With all these questions, just write down…the first thing that comes to mind.…
Don't overthink your response, and yes do write it down.…Written responses are important to the whole process.…
- Identify the key differences between gifts, loves, and skills.
- Explore methods for discovering what you love to do.
- Identify your core skills through self-reflection and via feedback from others.
- Choose your strongest and most valuable work activities through ranking and rating.
- Identify the steps needed to invest in yourself and grow your strengths.
- Recall how to match your strengths to your responsibilities, and discover when to grow your current career versus switch to a new one.