Learn how to select language that turns a no into a yes.
- Want to know the secret to turning a no into a yes?…Follow the example of Cassandra Lynn.…Here's what I mean.…I attended an international conference on innovation.…The most impressive speaker was a surprise.…She waited until everyone was quiet…and then she leaned in and said,…"I know what you're thinking.…"What's a 13-year-old gonna teach me about innovation?"…She paused and said with a twinkle in her eye,…"We 13-year-olds know a thing or two,…"like how to start a business that goes global."…In 30 seconds, Cassandra Lynn turned potential resistance…into positive receptivity.…
How?…She read our mind.…She realized some of these senior executives…might be skeptical that a 7th grader would have anything…to teach them, so she turned their skepticism into support…by addressing it upfront.…If you want to turn a no into a yes, use these three steps.…Step one, ask yourself, why might my decision-maker say no?…And say that first.…
If you don't voice people's objections,…they won't be listening.…They'll be waiting for their turn to talk…
- Recognize the importance of understanding your objectives when addressing an audience.
- Identify the fundaments of composing a successful close.
- Explore how to connect with your audience through crafting compelling stories.
- Examine ways to connect with your audience by personalizing your content.
- Distinguish how to communicate with confidence without establishing your credentials.
- Break down the best ways to exude executive presence.
- Identify the essentials to answering the tough questions in an impromptu communication.
- Explore how to communicate the unknown in an impromptu communication.