You now understand your goal and current situation, as well as the key ingredients for you taking steps towards the goal. Who are the critical people to help drive to that result? In this video we discuss how to think about creating the team of diverse members to achieve your goal.
- So many teams are poorly constructed.…Too many people, not the right people, not enough people.…Selecting the appropriate players for your team…is highly critical for you to collaborate effectively.…It's already difficult to collaborate effectively…and a poorly constructed team makes it even harder.…It can slow things down.…Groupthink comes into play.…And you could be wasting resources.…To avoid all of this…you need to define a core team.…These are people who need to be involved…in all aspects of the project.…
Likely, this means the project manager,…a person who owns the project.…Maybe a finance manager who needs to deal with the budget.…This core team are people who should be present…in every conversation for that project.…This is the minimum viable group to make what you need,…what your goal is, happen.…With a core team in place you have to set the expectation…that others are joining as needed.…In general, explicitly setting expectations…at the beginning is one of the most important ways…you can ensure good collaboration and speedy success.…
- Define “compassionate collaboration” and explain how it helps a team work more efficiently.
- Identify the potential problems with narratives.
- Recognize the core skill that a great project facilitator possesses.
- Determine the best way to address possible barriers or roadblocks to attaining the collective goal.
- Recall how often checklist compliances should be verified.