Now that you have this management thing under wraps, learn what's needed to secure your next role.
- The behaviors that got you where you are…won't necessarily serve you well…as you move up the organization.…That is the premise of one of my favorite books,…What Got You Here Won't Get You There,…by Marshall Goldsmith.…And I couldn't agree more.…I'm going to share with you what to think about…as you look to secure your next role.…Now, you might be thinking, hey, I just landed this job,…shouldn't I first figure out what I need to do…if I'm going to be successful in this new role?…Who says you can't do both?…Here are some things to think about…as you look to secure your next role.…
Think about engaging a mentor.…Look for someone in the company…who is willing to mentor you.…This will be someone higher up in the organization…who can provide you with guidance when you need it most.…They'll also advocate on your behalf…whenever the opportunity presents itself.…Next, dress for the next level up.…Many people don't think dress matters.…These are the same people who get passed over…for a promotion time and time again.…
Look, I don't write the rules,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The first 90 days
- Building productive relationships
- Why engage your employees?
- Influencing employee commitment
- Managing your former peers
- How to go from friend to boss
- Developing the skills needed to be an effective manager
- Becoming a magnetic leader