In this video, learn how to run simple pilots that help create pivot-friendly organizations. Don't wait for company-wide opportunities—see what you can start with on your team.
- Establishing a culture of career conversations…is a strong start, but not sufficient.…Career development must go beyond talk,…and to the realm of action and real opportunities.…Individuals will soon hit a frustrating wall…if their desire to develop within the company…is met by red tape when they actually try to make a move.…One unfortunately common refrain…is it's harder to find another job within my company…than it was to get hired in the first place.…Career conversations are most beneficial when accompanied…by internal mobility programs that support them,…making employees even more likely to stay long-term.…
If your company doesn't yet offer…the types of programs that you would want to see,…I encourage you to take the lead in starting one,…or see how you might pilot a smaller version.…Don't assume that just because it doesn't exist yet,…it never will.…In keeping with the Pivot Method,…consider the following questions.…Plant.…What is your organization already doing that's working?…What would success look like in terms…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Optimizing your current role
- Identifying your strengths
- Crafting a one-year vision of success
- Making connections to "friendtors" and one-off mentors
- Creating a skill-building game plan
- Identifying small experiments and stretch projects
- Embracing smart risks
- Mapping next moves to make a greater impact