Get the best person for each job and be ready to replace people who leave your company. Learn how to recruit, hire, and build a strong talent pipeline in this video.
- Like many other business and HR leaders,…you want to cut down the time and money you spend on hiring.…You want the best people for every job,…and you don't want to panic each time a key person leaves.…That means it's critical to recruit…and hire the right people.…And it's just as important to have…people lined up in advance for future needs.…Having a pool of people you identify in advance…of your needs is called having a talent pipeline.…A talent pipeline includes employees…as well as potential hires from outside the company.…
Here are three steps you'll use to recruit, hire,…and build a strong talent pipeline.…First, you'll build a workplace plan,…which is a plan that outlines what kind of talent…you need to have now and for the future.…This plan is a document that outlines…how many people you'll need…and what types of roles you'll need by team…in each quarter or each year.…During the business goal-setting process,…you'll identify which roles are critical to your success…and which new roles may emerge.…
In your workforce plan you'll write down…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Building a successful talent management strategy
- Identifying talent needs and assessing existing talent
- Recruiting and hiring the right people
- Developing employees to meet talent needs
- Implementing a succession planning process
- Focusing on engagement and retention
- Increasing talent visibility
- Creating a strong HR and business partnership
- Designing a high-performance culture