According to a survey by BambooHR, 69% of workers said they would work harder if they received more recognition. Get seven quick ideas you should consider when recognizing and rewarding employees.
- According to a survey by BambooHR,…69% of workers said they'd work harder…if they received more recognition.…That's seven out of 10 of your workers.…Recognizing and rewarding performance…is a big topic.…So big, in fact, that I created a course on it.…Let me share seven quick ideas you should consider…when thinking about recognizing and rewarding employees.…Number one.…
The single, greatest way…to reward great work will always be money.…My personal experience aligns with what I've read…in most every survey and that's this.…Once employees feel they're paid fairly…other forms of recognition will start to matter…more than money.…And the number one motivator other than money?…Time and direct verbal recognition from the boss.…Number two.…Make sure any financial reward is commensurate…with the value the employee's added.…
If somebody saves a company $!00,000 in costs,…you don't go rewarding it with a $25 gift card.…Number three.…High performers are best rewarded with growth opportunities.…Wither it's a promotion or assignment to a new project.…
In this course, join HR expert Don Phin as he shares strategies for creating a culture that encourages high performance as well as best practices for improving employee performance in the modern workplace. Don covers techniques for setting clear expectations, delegating tasks, and managing remote workers. He also explains how to get to the root of poor employee performance and coach both high-performing and low-performing employees.
- Determine the most efficient processes to use when selecting a new hire.
- Apply knowledge gathered from employee feedback to enhance overall efficiency.
- Identify an example of an appropriate workspace.
- Define “emotional quotient” and explain how it relates to employee performance.
- Recall effective strategies for addressing poor employee performance.
- List three benefits of using performance management tools.