Learn about who to ask, how to approach them, and what they should look for. Also, receive tips on reviewing what people wrote.
- In the Gifts Discovery Worksheet for this course,…you'll notice a second page called 360 degree feedback.…This is a place where a friend or a coworker…can go through and answer some questions about you…to help you discover your gifts.…It's natural to be unaware of some of the things…that we do well, so unlike other feedback assessments…where someone may be looking for your weakness,…we want your friend to look for what you're doing great.…And not just great, but also naturally gifted at doing.…
Hand that worksheet to this friend,…then, give them the opportunity to watch this video…and I'll guide them through some of the questions.…I'm going to assume that this has happened…and you are the friend now,…and you have this worksheet in front of you.…What are you supposed to do with it?…Simply write down the first answer that comes to mind.…Don't overthink it or try to force an answer.…If you don't know the answer to something,…writing down, I don't know, is an acceptable answer.…
Let's start with the first question.…
- Identify the key differences between gifts, loves, and skills.
- Explore methods for discovering what you love to do.
- Identify your core skills through self-reflection and via feedback from others.
- Choose your strongest and most valuable work activities through ranking and rating.
- Identify the steps needed to invest in yourself and grow your strengths.
- Recall how to match your strengths to your responsibilities, and discover when to grow your current career versus switch to a new one.