Join Tatiana Kolovou for an in-depth discussion in this video Reasons people resist, part of Communicating in Times of Change.
- In this next video, you get to hear Tatiana's…four key team members describe some of the most…common reasons for resisting change.…- So I started working here after the acquisition.…That means that I have…the least experience of anyone on the team…and I'm living out of boxes in my apartment.…I moved here for the position.…I've been in sales my entire career,…but everything here still feels new.…
And that product line, it's just taking me forever…to get it in my head, I've been up to like 1:00 A.M.…for the past month working on it.…It's time consuming.…And just when I thought I've got it,…everything's changing now, I mean how can I keep up?…- Why do we have to change? Our old system works just fine.…I want to provide the best service to our clients,…and if this gets in the way of that,…it's just not worth it.…
Why can't we wait for other departments to test this out…and then we decide if we want to use it or not?…- This new performance management system…is going to affect my take home pay.…Last year I got a bonus at the end of the year.…
Tatiana and Brenda begin by reviewing success stories and survey data that emphasize why communication in times of change is so crucial. Next, they explain how to strategize communication efforts, craft the change communication message, and answer common questions that people may have when grappling with change. To wrap up, they discuss how to manage difficult questions, emphasize with others, and overcome resistance.
- Why communication in times of change matters
- Strategizing your communication efforts
- Crafting the change communication message
- Five questions people have in times of change
- Managing difficult questions
- Empathizing with others
- Overcoming resistance