What are the qualities that a great coach needs? In this video, explore the qualities a coach needs to display and possess to successfully execute the coaching experience.
- I've spent a tremendous amount of time…for many years helping managers…from a variety of industries become effective coaches.…During that time, I've determined…there are certain qualities essential to that success.…The first quality is humility.…Humility embodies the knowledge that you as a coach…are not perfect.…You've blown it too, you've had your moments.…That knowledge creates the capacity for compassion…and the ability to empathize.…
It also fosters the next quality which is patience.…I don't think I've ever been…in a leadership development situation…where this quality was not on the improvement list.…Patience helps you give someone space and permission…to work through what they need to for meaningful change.…Without this, some employees generate a temporary reaction,…not a fear, to a manager's frustration or anger.…
When we are patient,…we can also be a more effective listener.…Effective, skillful listening is when we use…more than our ears, we use our heart and our eyes.…The famous management guru, Peter Drucker once said,…
- Recognize the effects of four kinds of leadership weaknesses.
- Determine which questions would be most appropriate to include in an employee assessment framework.
- Identify the acronym used to guide coaching conversations.
- Recognize when to adopt the “people fire themselves” philosophy.
- Explain the benefits of clear boundaries or guidelines for a team’s behavior.