Using these strategies, you can become immediately more persuasive with people you meet, and change and upgrade how your existing network sees you—making you more influential and effective at your job.
- No matter how good your ideas are,…it doesn't really matter if you can't convince…other people to listen to them.…Learning how to be persuasive is one of the most…valuable skills you can cultivate…because it enhances your ability to execute…on literally everything else you do.…If you haven't already,…take the time to dive in…and fill out the worksheets accompanying this course.…For chapter one, it's thinking about how to identify…the commonalities you have with others,…that helps you break the ice…and build an immediate rapport and connection…so they're far more likely to listen to you.…
In chapter two, it's drilling down to identify…who the decision makers are.…Of course, it's your boss,…but you want to think beyond that,…to the people who influence who influence him or her…and to the people in your organization…who have soft power, regardless of their title.…And finally, for chapter three,…start to create your story bank.…What are the relevant anecdotes you can share…that people will remember and that hammer home your points?…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Getting someone to like you right away
- How to be viewed as immediately credible
- Overcoming a bad first impression
- Persuading the people you already know
- Sharing your ideas and getting noticed
- Communicating with authority
- Overcoming naysayers