- Describe the components of a great presentation.
- Identify your audience.
- Explain the main objective in a persuasive presentation.
- List basic vocal warm-up tips.
- Manage pre-performance anxiety.
- Identify effective ways to introduce your agenda.
- Describe common opening mistakes.
- Demonstrate effective body language.
- Identify indicators of helpful feedback.
Skill Level Beginner
- Public speaking, it's a great way to show your leadership and communication skills. You might be asked to lead a company meeting, or maybe teach a workshop or seminar. This LinkedIn learning course is designed to help you develop more confidence by reviewing powerful public speaking techniques. I'm Laura Bergells and I want to share with you the lessons I've learned in my career as a presentation coach, writer, and public speaking instructor. If you're a novice public speaker, you can use the tips in this course to help you craft and polish your next presentation.
And if you're already a savvy presenter, you know it's still a good idea to regularly review and practice the fundamentals. Let's discover, review, and practice the essential techniques that can make you an effective public speaker.
Creating and Giving Business Presentationswith Tatiana Kolovou1h 16m Intermediate
Handling an Unruly Audiencewith Deirdre Breakenridge1h 10m Intermediate
1. Prepare Your Speech
2. Prepare for Your Speech
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.