It's not enough to tell someone "You are/are not living up to the culture." You need to provide specific and regular feedback related to behaviors they're demonstrating. Once they understand the behavior you're highlighting, explain how that behavior enhances/detracts from the culture you're trying to build. And don't wait until the end of year review. Offer feedback in the moment when you witness the behavior.
- Providing specific and actionable feedback is…a big part of your job as a leader.…It's not enough to say, "Oh, you're not living…"up to the culture," and consider that giving…feedback to people.…You need to provide specific, regular feedback…on behaviors they're demonstrating.…Once they understand the behavior…and how that behavior either enhances…or detracts from the culture you're trying to build,…they can take appropriate action.…
For more information on how to give good feedback,…check out my course on Building High-Performance Teams.…When you get ready to deliver feedback,…don't wait until the end of your review.…It's too late.…Offer the feedback in the moment…when you witness the behavior.…Let's imagine you work for a company…that provides services to consumers.…You're trying to build a culture…where you have long-term customer relationships…and very high customer loyalty.…
You pride yourself on the quality of the service you deliver…because that's the link between your service…and that loyalty.…Imagine as year end approaches, you're under…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Components of high-performing cultures
- Assessing your current culture
- Defining high performance
- Creating a compelling vision and mission
- Tying strategy to culture
- Communicating the culture
- Building your teams and processes
- Highlighting culture moments
- Providing regular feedback