Adaptability isn't just about adjusting to broad external circumstances. At the micro level, it's also about treating people as unique and adapting to the person and situation at hand. Learn how to gear your approach to individuals, rather than being a one-size-fits-all style.
- Adaptability isn't just about adjusting…to broad, external circumstances like geopolitics…or the moves of your competitors.…At the micro level, it's about being adaptable enough…to treat people as unique and to adjust your style and tone…to the person and situation at hand.…Here's how to gear your approach…to the individuals you manage and collaborate with,…rather than insisting that one size fits all.…First, at a basic level, an essential thing to understand…is whether your employee responds best to gentleness…or firmness in your approach to them.…
Early in my career, I learned this when I had an employee…who would become incredibly sad and distressed…when I offered her suggestions…about how to improve her work.…What I came to realize was that she was a perfectionist.…And when I offered feedback,…she took it as a sign of personal failure…and became almost despondent.…Of course, that's pretty extreme…and something she might want to work on.…But nonetheless, as her manager,…what I knew is the part I could control…
Looking for study partners?Join the New People Managers study group
The business world is changing faster than ever, with digital transformation and disruption everywhere. Being adaptable is a foundational skill for managers, which enables them to respond to change in positive, resilient ways and seize new opportunities. Join author and professor Dorie Clark, as she introduces strategies for becoming a more adaptable leader. Learn how to monitor for change in order to better prepare for it, hone your skills, and create a more adaptable team that is innovative and responsive to change.
- Identify three elements that enable managers to be adaptable in the midst of growth.
- Recognize examples of four purposes of feedback.
- Summarize a strategy that managers use to create an environment where employees feel safe to take risks.
- Explain the approach to take as an adaptable manager when working with various types of employees.
- Recall the characteristics of a curious, adaptable manager.