In this video, see how strategy dictates the deployment of human capital. In this video, author Jan Rutherford shares the informal networks where power exists in your organization, and how to tap into the informal (yet complex) structures that exist in today's organizations.
- When the going gets tough, the tough need the head,…heart, and spirit of the team.…Difficult times are difficult because we perceive…a loss of control.…During uncertainty, employees may choose to explore…other job opportunities, or you, as the leader,…may think about downsizing as a first option…to rest control from the situation.…When either of these things happen, they have a negative…affect on morale, innovation, and competitiveness.…During difficult times, there are five approaches…you can take to place people at the core and stay focused.…
First, you can change compensation and institute…across the board cuts.…The pain is shared but it's not strategic, because all…employees don't contribute the same way and it could hurt…the most productive areas and people of the company.…Second, you could make cuts to non-essential areas…of the company and outsource certain departments,…for example, accounting.…The downside is making a mistake with regard to what…are essential areas which may actually be a key…organizational core competency.…
- Describe how to review past performance.
- List primary features of innovation.
- Distinguish teaming from leading.
- Identify alternative approaches to cost reductions.
- Build self-awareness.
- Adopt a growth mindset.
- Develop a committed team.
- Turn adversity into opportunity.