In this video, learn about the concept of high net growth and impact. Learn why money and promotions aren't everything when it comes to careers. It's really about learning, growing, and making a difference.
- Contrary to what we might be tempted to believe,…money cannot buy happiness or career fulfillment…and it's a common pivot pitfall to focus…too narrowly on getting promoted as the…only way to develop in your career.…A study by Daniel Kahneman and Agnus Deaton confirms this.…Once people surpass $75,000 in annual net income,…approximately $82,000 in today's dollars,…they experience no statistically significant bump…in their day to day emotional wellbeing.…When it comes to promotions, consider,…what would that promotion get you?…Are you looking for increased salary?…Recognition?…More or different responsibilities?…And then consider what are some ways you could…work toward that even before a next role is…available to you?…After all, there's only one CEO.…
The best pivots start from right where you are, right now.…How can you grow within your current role?…What projects could you take on that would give you the…skills and experience necessary to naturally…move into what's next?…We've all heard the term, high net worth.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Optimizing your current role
- Identifying your strengths
- Crafting a one-year vision of success
- Making connections to "friendtors" and one-off mentors
- Creating a skill-building game plan
- Identifying small experiments and stretch projects
- Embracing smart risks
- Mapping next moves to make a greater impact