Learn how to address the unique development needs of different team members—from rising stars to low performers—and determine how to best allocate your time as you help your employees improve their performance.
- Do you feel like you're investing a ton of time in your people and not getting the results you expect? Do you have team members who are performing well but you just can't get them to improve? Are some of your team members disengaged and you worry about them leaving your organization? I'm Mike Figliuolo, Managing Director of thoughtLEADERS. I've dealt with all of these situations, and I've taught countless leaders how to overcome these challenges. As a result, I developed a framework called the Leadership Matrix that I'll be sharing in this course.
I've also written a book that explains this matrix in depth. Here, I'll cover how to assess how you're spending your time and energy. How to reward and inspire your high performers. How to get results out of team members who aren't contributing. How to train and motivate your low performers. And how to reclaim your time from team members who tend to waste it. By using the approach in this course, you can generate better results by being more efficient in how you lead your team members.
- Recognize the Leadership Matrix and four ways to assess a team member's results.
- Classify performance patterns into the four quadrants of the leadership matrix.
- Select appropriate performance improvement techniques for eight performance patterns.
- Name the eight common performance patterns and recall how to identify them.
- Describe different ways to lead and motivate associates within the eight different performance patterns.
- Recognize the three major time allocation pitfalls that leaders face.