Join Simon T. Bailey for an in-depth discussion in this video Performing a SWOT analysis of your team, part of Building Business Relationships.
Imagine you are approaching an intersection.…You see a traffic light giving you signals when to go, slow down or stop.…Wouldn't it be nice to have the same thing with your employees?…Letting you know when to move forward, when to slow…down and when to stop and provide a teaching moment.…Your team's core provides you signals when and how to motivate and inspire.…CORE stands for Creativity, Opportunities, Resiliency and Environment.…
Here's how you implement it.…First, meet each team member individually and identify their areas of creativity.…Find out what makes them passionate and inspired, and seek to…challenge them to break the status quo of how things are…normally done. Second, look for opportunities for change.…These are tasks or areas which do not excite them, are avoided, take longer than…necessary, and are completed only because it's a requirement of their job.…
These tasks are sometimes necessary, but maybe you can…reassign portions of the workload to other team members.…Third,…Resiliency. Determine how they bounce back from challenges, and coach them…
Discover how you can build meaningful rapport, set yourself up for visibility and success, manage up when you don't click, develop executive presence, and cross-train within a team to better serve the organization.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the four key business relationships
- Building relationships in person and virtually
- Supporting your manager's objectives
- Articulating your needs to your manager
- Managing up
- Communicating with difficult team members
- Resolving cross-department conflict
- Identifying mentors and sponsors
- Making first impressions with executives<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.