You can't put a square peg in a round hole and expect great performance…which is why you need to hire great performers! See how a firm hiring process, knowledge testing, and your current employees can help you add great performers to your team.
- In my course on employee engagement,…I taught that engagement begins in the hiring process.…And guess what.…So does performance improvement.…The challenge we face is that just about…every manager is running at full speed,…so when it comes to hiring,…their primary goal is get it over with.…One way to guard against the idea…of hiring being a distraction…is by developing a firm hiring process,…one where managers are highly involved,…and there's no shortcuts.…
It begins with clarity on the managers' part…about what they need from a new employee.…Does the job description need to be revised first?…Do you have an understanding of how you'll…test for any skills required for the position?…Is there a personality assessment tool…that can help you see to what degree…this employee is a good cultural fit?…You can't hire somebody simply…because you want them to do the job…so you can go back to doing yours.…That's called winging it,…and it often results in placing…a round peg into a square hole.…
Take the time to make sure you only hire…
In this course, join HR expert Don Phin as he shares strategies for creating a culture that encourages high performance as well as best practices for improving employee performance in the modern workplace. Don covers techniques for setting clear expectations, delegating tasks, and managing remote workers. He also explains how to get to the root of poor employee performance and coach both high-performing and low-performing employees.
- Clarifying goals and expectations
- Establishing a culture of execution
- Improving your work environment
- Key time management principles
- Managing remote workers
- Recognizing and rewarding employees
- Leveraging performance management tools