You'll face many common obstacles as you establish your high-performing culture. You'll have to overcome legacy culture issues, deal with associates who resist the new culture, and build processes and behaviors that don't exist yet. You'll have to work through countercultural moments and performance shortfalls in a way that you're not knocked off course from building the culture you desire.
- You'll face many common obstacles…on your path to building a high performance culture.…Legacy culture issues,…associates who resist the new culture,…and processes or behaviors that don't yet exist…are going to slow you down.…You need to work through…these counter-culture moments and issues…if you're looking to change the overall culture…of the organization.…The more aware you are of what these pitfalls are,…the more quickly you're going to be able to overcome them.…
The four most common pitfalls I see…are first the legacy culture.…This is the way we've always done things.…Well, to get that to change,…you have to send a strong message…on what the old context was,…and why the old culture worked for that context.…Also explain to the team…here's the new context,…and here are the new behaviors we need to demonstrate…Here's how those old behaviors don't work…in this new context.…Set new cultural expectations.…
Let people know what the behaviors are…that are or are not acceptable.…And when you see people behaving in a certain way,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Components of high-performing cultures
- Assessing your current culture
- Defining high performance
- Creating a compelling vision and mission
- Tying strategy to culture
- Communicating the culture
- Building your teams and processes
- Highlighting culture moments
- Providing regular feedback