Understand specific steps you can take to manage your own blind spots and create the optimal impact that will accelerate your career.
- It's halftime in a football game…and the team is losing.…In the locker room,…the coach explains why the original game plan isn't working…and describes a new strategy.…As the third quarter begins,…the players have the exact information they need…to change the momentum,…but if they take the field…and keep doing exactly what they did before,…they're likely to lose the game.…The same thing can happen with your career.…You might expand your self-awareness and gather feedback…to identify your leadership blind spots,…but if you don't actively use that information,…you're blocking your own progress.…
Failure to act leads to failure.…This is a principle I refer to as applied self-awareness.…Knowing isn't enough.…You have to apply what you've learned.…So how can you develop a customized plan…to use the information…you've uncovered about your blind spots…and take targeted action?…Here are four strategies that may help you.…First, focus on what matters.…You might uncover a blind spot…that's unrelated to your ability to lead.…
Instructor Sara Canaday dives into the nuances of blind spots, explaining why blind spots matter when it comes to career success, and which intangible skills can help you find and eliminate these roadblocks. Sara also covers ways to find and close the gaps between your perception of yourself and your reputation. She explores specific examples of leadership blind spots commonly seen in the business world and provides steps that you can take to mitigate your perception problems.
- Understanding blind spots
- Gaining insights about awareness skills
- Identifying and managing blind spots
- Getting clarity on how you see yourself
- Finding out how others see you
- Closing the gaps between your perception and your reputation
- Exploring specific examples of leadership blind spots
- Taking action to deal with your blind spots