Join Chris Croft for an in-depth discussion in this video Offering compliments, part of Management: Top Tips.
- So during the early phase of sales meeting…with a customer you'll be doing…lots of questioning and listening,…but also in order to build up rapport…it's a good idea to find something good…about the customer that you can comment on…or compliment, and it's probably isn't going to be about…them personally, it's probably more likely…to be their company, their position, their achievements.…Might well be their office even…but almost certainly it'll be obvious…what needs commenting on.…When you walk into somebody's office…quite often there's something.…
There's a photo on the wall, there's perhaps…a bowling trophy on the table,…there's something they absolutely must be…commented on and in fact if you don't comment…on something like that you're actually…insulting the customer by saying nothing…so it's a very important idea to just think…in the first 30 seconds what's good…that I can comment, and by the way,…compliments must be genuine.…They must be something that you really do think is good…and that you can tell the customer that you're…
- Being assertive
- Taking responsibility for mistakes
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Time management
- Project management
- Holding effective meetings
- Giving presentations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Leveraging Assertiveness
2. Time Management for Managers
3. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.