Reflect back on the notes you've taken during this course and spend some time with it. Read through everything and make some notes if you're inspired. What's the first thing you want to do to move things forward? And what's one commitment you can make right now?
- If you're wondering how to keep the momentum going,…I want to give you two easy ways,…and you can do each of these things…without even leaving your seat.…One of them you can do right here on LinkedIn.…So think about the issues you care about.…Is it homelessness, poverty, education,…divisions in our society?…And think about the keywords that relate to those issues.…Type them into the Search bar in LinkedIn…and see what people come up and what organizations come up,…and just start following those people.…
Then, go on LinkedIn a couple of times a week…and see what's bubbling up in the News Feed.…It's a good way to stay up to date…on the issues that you care about.…And probably find volunteer and job opportunities…while you're at it.…Second, get involved in the Encore community.…Visit our website, encore.org,…check out the Gen2Gen campaign,…follow us on social media,…join the Encore group on LinkedIn.…I assure you that if you do that,…you will find many, many opportunities…to use your time, talent, and experience…
- Identify the personally meaning behind the encore movement.
- Discover the essentials involved in exploring the possibilities of an encore career.
- Examine the benefits of volunteerism in a post professional career.
- Break down the positives to sharing your individual story on the business-oriented social media platform Linkedin.
- Identify the important fundamentals in networking and interviewing for an encore career in today’s business market.