An implementation plan makes you eight times more likely to follow through on an action. This video guides you through planning to overcome procrastination.
- "Procrastination is like a credit card,…"it's a lot of fun until you get the bill."…This quote from Christopher Parker…in Still Procrastinating: The No Regrets Guide…to Getting It Done reminds us that as tempting…as procrastination is, it's time to kick the habit.…You are ready to leave the procrastination zone.…Don't stall on turning your learning into action.…Start as soon as you finish this video.…If a task is going to take you less than two minutes,…just do it right away so that you don't risk…stalling on it later.…
This tip from David Allen's Getting Things Done…has been transformative for many…previously procrastinating professionals.…Name two to three tasks that you know…you procrastinate on.…Pick at least one project that would…push you to the next level in your work…or you career.…For me, I know I should be more active…on my LinkedIn social media so that more people,…like you, know about my LinkedIn learning courses.…I've been saying for over a year that I want…to be more active, but then I keep putting it…
- Differentiate between unhealthy procrastination and purposeful "stalling" behaviors.
- Recognize the verbal and behavioral signals of procrastination onset.
- Recognize the five primary reasons why people procrastinate.
- Explain the "pawn it" strategy for overcoming procrastination.
- Select appropriate strategies for overcoming procrastination, dependent on the unique motivator.