Enact best practices learned in this course, and connect with the instructors in LinkedIn and share your success stories.
- As the Oracle of Omaha,…Warren Buffett, said to a group of students,…"Communication improves the value you bring to your company…"and your own personal brand."…We designed this course to be applicable…to your everyday workplace communication situations,…the ordinary ones and the challenging ones.…We hope you'll reach out to us on LinkedIn…to share ways you've applied the content in your daily life.…Both Tatiana and I have had a great time…putting this content together and sharing it with you.…
We hope you found it helpful…and will strive to be an excellent communicator.…
- Recall the four pillars of a business scenario.
- Explore the term 'people' in the context of a communication scenario.
- Recall how the Think, Feel, Do model applies to a communication scenario.
- Identify the parts of the message in a communication scenario.
- Recognize the 'channel' in a communication scenario.
- Apply the importance of context in a communication event.
- Review the most important components of listening.
Skill Level Beginner
Organization Communicationwith Brenda Bailey-Hughes1h 20m Intermediate
1. The Four Communication Building Blocks
2. Communication for Common Situations
3. Communication for Challenging Situations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.