See what next steps you can take to boost your management skills and your employee's performance. Plus, hear how to connect with Don Phin and get his recommendations for books and courses.
- So where do you go from here?…My suggestion is that your next step…is to do a Ben Franklin list.…On one side of a piece of paper,…identify what you like…about your current performance management approach,…and on the other side,…know where it's limited in improving performance.…After you take the first try at creating that list,…invite the people you manage into the conversation.…What would they add to the list?…Once you find some commonality,…you can begin to keep what works,…and gradually replace what doesn't.…
If you haven't already, I encourage you…to read two management classics.…The Effective Executive,…by my personal favorite Peter Drucker,…and The One Minute Manager, by Ken Blanchard.…I also encourage you to watch the video…How Google Sets Goals Using OKRs.…I encourage you to connect with me on LinkedIn,…and check out the blog on my website at donphin.com.…Also watch through a later training…on Rewarding Employee Performance.…
And remember, the best performance improvement approach…is the one that improves performance.…
In this course, join HR expert Don Phin as he shares strategies for creating a culture that encourages high performance as well as best practices for improving employee performance in the modern workplace. Don covers techniques for setting clear expectations, delegating tasks, and managing remote workers. He also explains how to get to the root of poor employee performance and coach both high-performing and low-performing employees.
- Clarifying goals and expectations
- Establishing a culture of execution
- Improving your work environment
- Key time management principles
- Managing remote workers
- Recognizing and rewarding employees
- Leveraging performance management tools