Join Gary Bolles for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of The New Rules of Work.
- So, are you ready to put the new rules…of work into action?…Here are some practical things you can do today…to begin practicing the new rules.…First, as I've said, do your own self inventory.…You can do something quick such as going to eparachute.com…and doing a few simple exercises,…or you can pick up a copy of What Color Is Your Parachute?…and do a deeper set of exercises…to really understand yourself.…Make sure, that as a result,…you know your own unique skills, experience, and interests.…
People who are unaware of what makes them unique…and what motivates them in the world of work…are far less able to adapt in new opportunities.…Understand your own unique characteristics…and the skills that you most love using…and you'll be far more adaptive than you would be…without that knowledge.…Second, inventory your network, the people you know,…whether it's on LinkedIn, other social media,…or in a Rolodex.…Refreshing your memory about the kinds of work…that people in your network are doing…and updating your knowledge of how their work has changed…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why there are new rules of work, learning, and life
- Thinking like an entrepreneur
- Building your network
- Doing work driven by meaning
- Understanding the new rules of learning
- Becoming a lifelong learner
- Planning for leisure like you plan for work and learning
- Making time to give back
- What to do when the rules change again